Enviromin seeks a Senior Scientist or Engineer who shares our passion for successful innovation in mine waste stabilization and the treatment of mine-affected water. We are a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of consulting scientists and engineers who specialize in the application of biogeochemistry and biotechnology to effective waste and water management strategies throughout the mine life cycle. Located in vibrant and beautiful Bozeman Montana, a growing community offering excellent year-round recreational opportunities, Enviromin offers specialized biogeochemistry and molecular biology testing services to its clients throughout the mining sector.
Enviromin seeks to hire a permanent, full-time Senior Scientist or Engineer with minimum 10 years of experience and graduate training in one of the following disciplines; geology, geochemistry, biogeochemistry, or contaminant transport. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in project management and business development in the mining industry and/or consulting. Experience with industrial environmental geochemistry and testing, geochemical modeling, laboratory-scale reactors, and field work in industrial settings is a plus. Applicants should be authorized to work in the United States.
The Senior Scientist or Engineer will enthusiastically develop and manage Enviromin projects in collaboration with the senior management team. Duties will include:
- Assist Enviromin in maintaining a superior quality of work in mining biogeochemistry;
- Ensure timely and high-quality products (data, documents) for our clients within budget;
- Manage projects addressing environmental concerns in mining and other impacted industrial settings;
- Lead and assist with business development and proposal preparation;
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships, in multiple industry sectors;
- Oversight of junior staff, including: laboratory work; literature research; collection and analysis of complex data sets;
- Development and implementation of sampling and analysis plans;
- Organization, interpretation and graphical representation of biogeochemical data;
- Site visits to evaluate biogeochemical processes affecting water quality and operational conditions;
- Excellent client-communication skills, written and verbal;
- Participation in professional conferences and preparation of publications.
This position requires an ability to work both independently and as a team member, as well as proven project management, data analysis, and writing skills. Enviromin offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health and disability insurance, health savings accounts, annual leave, and matching contributions to a retirement fund. Salary will be based on experience and expertise.